Tokyo, August 13, 2001--- Fujitsu Limited today announced that it would launch a broad range of new financial solutions offerings overseas in the Asia-Pacific region. Fujitsu, Japan's top provider of comprehensive IT hardware, software and services solutions for the financial services industry and a leading supplier of ATMs in the worldwide market, plans to expand its offerings and strengthen its presence in the financial solutions business overseas, initially in Asia Pacific but extending to other overseas markets in the near future.
In conjunction with this effort, Fujitsu has enhanced its solutions lineup by teaming up with two leading financial software application vendors, i-flex solution limited and Fincentric. Based on joint marketing and business development arrangements with the two companies, Fujitsu will offer i-flex solution's FLEXCUBE series (*1) total banking system and Fincentric's i-Wealthview (*2) enterprise wealth management system products, both of which have been growing in popularity among financial services customers globally in recent years. In addition to best-of-breed software, Fujitsu's financial solutions combine the strengths of its proven financial systems integration know-how, leading-edge hardware platform products, such as its PRIMEPOWER (SPARC Solaris-based) and PRIMERGY (Intel architecture) servers, advanced INTERSTAGE middleware platform, and web-enabled Series 8000 ATM products.
"The financial services industry faces fierce competition and tremendous pressure in trying to keep pace with rapid changes in the business environment," said Hiroya Madarame, Fujitsu's senior vice president and group president of its Systems Engineering Group. "Customers require highly-reliable, leading-edge systems that can be deployed quickly, offer superior cost performance and provide flexibility and scalability to meet constantly evolving business requirements. Drawing on our unique combination of financial systems expertise, high-reliability and high-performance products, and global services network, we are confident that we can provide solutions that satisfy the needs of financial services customers in Asia Pacific and other regions, now and in the future."
New Global Financial Solutions Offerings
(*1) FLEXCUBE Series:
Using either UNIX or Windows 2000 (NT) as the host operating platform, this business intelligence software solution is a total banking system, supporting core applications including retail, corporate and Internet banking. Principal components include:
The FLEXCUBE universal banking solution is designed to meet enterprise needs in retail, corporate and investment banking, offering reliable, industry-specific, multi-currency and multi-lingual systems that provide integrated delivery of banking products across the branch network, telephone, ATM, POS and Internet channels.
- FLEXCUBE: Three-tier (client/application/DB Host) system architecture supports various channels; individual business modules, such as retail, corporate, and investment, can be selected and integrated according to the specific requirements of the financial institution.
- FLEXCUBE @: Internet-enabled platform for financial institutions that can connect to multiple back office systems and support multiple channels.
- FLEXCUBE Information Center: A ready-to-go business intelligence solution with pre-configured solutions packages for banking, insurance and stock exchanges.
(*2) i-Wealthview System:
This Windows 2000/NT-based, customer-centric financial management system comprises five integrated core modules:
- i-Wealthview Banking: An integrated, multi-channel retail banking system, including front office to back office applications with strong built-in Customer Value Management functionality.
- i-Wealthview Enterprise Server: A core component for enterprise wealth management that provides business logic and connectivity between delivery channels, Enterprise Customer Information File (ECIF) Database, and various kinds of financial back office systems.
- i-Wealthview Data Aggregation: Used to retrieve and aggregate financial information from many financial institutions back to the home institution, this permission-based system allows consumer customers to view account balances, stock portfolios, various financial assets and inquire on transaction status, regardless of at which financial institution the data actually resides. Fund transfer to other financial institutions is also supported.
- i-Wealthview Personal Portal: Consumer customers' consolidated statements of financial assets and liabilities can be viewed on single screen, along with news, financial rate information, investment articles and other content..
- i-Wealthview Wireless: This integrated module manages the wireless delivery channel. Mobile phones, PDAs and other personal digital equipment are widely supported via WAP, SMS protocol.
[Click to enlarge]
|* ||All company/product names mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are used for identification purposes only.|
Fujitsu is a leading provider of Internet-focused information technology solutions for the global marketplace. Its pace-setting technologies, best-in-class computing and telecommunications platforms, and worldwide corps of systems and services experts make it uniquely positioned to unleash the infinite possibilities of the Internet to help its customers succeed. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 5.48 trillion yen for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2001.
About i-flex solutions limited
i-flex solutions limited specializes in providing state-of-the-art information technology solutions to the Banking and Financial Services industry across the globe. For more information see: http://www.iflexsolutions.com/
About Fincentric Corporation
Fincentric is a leading developer of software solutions for the global financial services industry.
For more information, visit Fincentric's home page at http://www.fincentric.com/